Inocence

Inocence

Saturday 16 May 2009

.Room With One View

'I mirror your misery in the only way I know;
Pen words to the page and allow them to flow'

Peeking through the door just below the hinge
You lay on your quilted mortuary slab
On the bedside cabinet dry roses sit in green water
The air is stale and heavy with sadness.

Brother holds tight my hand, we dare not enter
And disturb you; father warned us, she’s fragile
He said during dinner, like an egg.
I never saw the connection, we laughed
Till he caught us behind the ear,
That’s your mother, the one who bore you,
Dressed you, fed you, and nursed you.

Yet its not you. It’s the sickness that sleeps
All day, and whimpers in the small hours of night.
It’s the dark blood that rotates your smile,
And drenches your pillow with tears.
Why else would you lay there gaze fixed
At the tree tops, watching the birds come to and thro.

Brother has seen enough, he sniffles silently
On the dusty landing, I accept your strength
Take him in my arms, but I have neither your bosom nor touch

No comments:

An Explanantion



From an early age I have battled with the shadow of death which lurked beneath my bed waiting, waiting for that moment when, fragile, and full of childhood anxiety I would allow a momentary thought of loss to flicker through my mind.
The speeding rocket that is fear would flood me with bed wetting thoughts, till paralysed my mother would scoop me up placing me with loving concern between the warm pillow of my sleeping father..... Since then i have penned, in frenzied bouts poems of loss, fragility and those basic instincts of man.
This site is not purely of melachonic verse, as even in the most darkest of rooms a little light will always, no matter what, seep through.